Household bills not in my name but partners...?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Household bills not in my name but partners...?

Hi,

As the title says, our household bills are not in my name but my partners (I moved in with him 2 years ago), can I still put these through as obviously I'm using the house for childminding?

Also, do you put them through for weeks that the children have taken off (i.e. Xmas)?

God, I hate doing accounts!

Hope someone will be able to help!

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You are claiming tax relief on the bills for the property you use when childminding so yes you can put through bills in your partner's name.

If you have read the tax advice document in free downloads at the top of the forum and are still concerned about any tax implications the best thing to do is to ring your tax office.

Hth

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can! Everything is in my husbands name. When I rang the tax office they basically said that as long as I could prove that the bill was for the same address as I was childminding from I was ok.

I also use my husbands paypal account and debit card etc for minding purchases as his account has more money in it than mine and I can claim for that too!