Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: This has made me so cross

were they childminders tho???

living in a bedsit???

something doesnt add up
    IS BACK

TheBTeam Guest

Can not see how they can be registered childminders, and the woman that commented on this that 'there is no evil here' needs her head examining!!!

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

My first thought was for the darling little boy. However, the Sun is completly wrong to refer to these monsters as childminders, they were unregistered.

Here is an example of the problems of friends and family provding unregistered care, no crb checks, no insurance, no inspections and receiving money with no intention of paying tax and NI, and the government are happy for freinds and family to care for children providing there is no financial gain. What a joke that has turned out to be.

While I agree the majority of parents know who to trust, but if there was a law in place for only using registered childcare, and for the public to report suspected unregistered people, then victims like this little boy may have been saved.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jelly15 View Post
    My first thought was for the darling little boy. However, the Sun is completly wrong to refer to these monsters as childminders, they were unregistered.

Here is an example of the problems of friends and family provding unregistered care, no crb checks, no insurance, no inspections and receiving money with no intention of paying tax and NI, and the government are happy for freinds and family to care for children providing there is no financial gain. What a joke that has turned out to be.

While I agree the majority of parents know who to trust, but if there was a law in place for only using registered childcare, and for the public to report suspected unregistered people, then victims like this little boy may have been saved.
    wonder if the government still thinks this kind of care is ok!!!
    IS BACK

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a complete tragedy. There has obviously been a breakdown on all sides and the parent, from what bi have read, was in no state herself to make a proper judgement on the care of her child.

The thing that really annoys me is that the headline is misleading since on first reading it would appear that this child has died as a result of a "childminder" when this is so obviously not the case - another bad and incorrect reflection upon us all. I wish that newspaper editors would think a bit more before they publish.
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so cross about the way children are being treated. That is awful

I am also very cross at the wording.
    Do you think NCMA would be willing to contact the newspaper and maybe threaten legal action? to say it was a childminder when it wasnt is surely somesort of slander/crime that is not ok?? Or am I completely off track here?
    Nicole xx

Post Thanks / Like

I think we should all complain to the sun and to the ncma about the use of the word childminder in the article, particularly in the headline as it suggests that the 'animals' in the article in charge of the poor boy in a professional capacity.

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just emailed The Sun and complained. This is what I wrote;

Misleading and damaging headline

I would like to complain about the use of the word childminder in the article regarding the muder of Ryan Lovell-Hancox, particularly the headline as it suggests that the couple supposedly caring for the poor boy were registered childminders, they were not and as a registered childminder I find your headline both misleading and damaging to the careers of all professional childminders.

exclusive@the-sun.co.uk <exclusive@the-sun.co.uk> this is where i sent it, don'y know if it is the right place but siomeone there might read it.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

JUNE 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sillysausage View Post
    I think we should all complain to the sun and to the ncma about the use of the word childminder in the article, particularly in the headline as it suggests that the 'animals' in the article in charge of the poor boy in a professional capacity.
    Exactly that is what made me so cross describing the animals as childminders
    "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I have emailed the journalist, the email is on the other thread regarding this case

01/2006
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have emailed the journalist, and will also forward a copy of my email to Ofsted and NCMA, I am outraged that they use the word childminder!
    Nicky xx

Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have written this and am MrMagoogoo on the Sun website.

Dear Mr. Parker,

I read the article you wrote with the heading "MURDERED BY THE CHILDMINDERS"

and I wish to set the record straight. These people were NOT Childminders.

A Childminder is a professional person who cares for children in their home, is Registered, insured, has regular checks made, carries out Risk Assessments, writes out daily diaries for each child within the EYFS, attends courses (First Aid, Safeguarding Children, etc etc).

I feel that Childminders get a hard enough time in society as it is - a lot of people having little or no clue as to what exactly a Registered Childminder's job really entails.

I have taken great offence that you have headlined this very upsetting story with such incorrect words.

I really think you should put a piece in your paper stating that these people were NOT Childminders in any way shape or form.

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

THIS IS MY EMAIL XX

I am emailing you with reference to the story you printed in The Sun newspaper about the disgusting treatment of poor little Ryan Lovell-hancox. The appalling injuries and abuse inflicted onto this poor child were purely evil, and i pray no child ever suffers like this ever again.

The people who inflicted this torture onto this poor innocent boy deserve the harshest punishment known, any my prayers and thoughts go out to his poor family.

May i just ask please one thing from you? Your headline (quote) "RYAN, 3...MURDERED BY THE CHILDMINDERS", this headline clearly indicates that professional childminders were involved at the very heart of this. These people were so called freinds of the poor mother of this child, NOT childminders. Please revoke it.

I am a proffesional childminder, I care for children and provide a loving, caring environment, and anyone who glances at your headline will IMMEDIATLEY associate this story with childminders!!!!!

Childminders have a very difficult but fulfilling job, and headlines such as yours provides nothing but negativity towards us, and to insinuate in your headline that childminders were involved is completley dishonest.

I only ask of this as the professional childminders who have viewed your article have all been deeply saddened by whats happened but also very upset their professional names have been brought into such headlines.

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

my email

As an ofsted registered childminder i find your report totally misleading

As a childminder I am required by law to be ENHANCED police checked, undergo extensive medical checks, and be first aid trained, as well as undergoing inspections from Ofsted.

The MONSTER who killed this little boy was NOT a childminder, she was a family friend, this is exactly why REAL childminders are against UNREGISTERED people looking after children, and ultimatly a little innocent boy lost his life

I am deeply offended by your article, alongside millions of registered childminders, i think we are owed an apology PUBLICALLY

Shame on you for being so misleading, and potentially causing thousands of parents to worry about their childcare provider!
    IS BACK

sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    my email

As an ofsted registered childminder i find your report totally misleading

As a childminder I am required by law to be ENHANCED police checked, undergo extensive medical checks, and be first aid trained, as well as undergoing inspections from Ofsted.

The MONSTER who killed this little boy was NOT a childminder, she was a family friend, this is exactly why REAL childminders are against UNREGISTERED people looking after children, and ultimatly a little innocent boy lost his life

I am deeply offended by your article, alongside millions of registered childminders, i think we are owed an apology PUBLICALLY

Shame on you for being so misleading, and potentially causing thousands of parents to worry about their childcare provider!
    you go ebs and the rest of you I will also be emailing them once again another child let down by the local social services
    "nothing can get in my way" that's my new motto

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Emailed my response
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good