Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Care to Learn

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Care to Learn

It would appear that lots of people have had problems with Care to Learn. I am having major problems with them at the moment, I was paid my summer retainer no problem, mum was supposed ot have been sent a rejection letter but she received nothing. Being a young mum she didn't have the nouse to phone up to find out what was going on, she started back to college thinking that because I had been paid the retainer all was ok, they have changed the system! It wasn't until I got on the phone that I found out about the rejection letter, she has now been sent out new forms as they have now agreed she wasn't supposed to have been rejected! Anyway cut a long story short she still has had no forms, so I am without pay, I am on the phone everyday trying to speak to someone in authority, every time I ring up they say the manager is out. They have now told me someone will ring me back on Monday! Ahh. Any advice on what I should do. I have put it to them that I have mortgages and bills to pay and can't run a business like this etc. But it falls on deaf ears!

MAY 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Care to Learn

snap, forms changed from when i got lo to now so no money just more forms, they dont like to help, rachel has has the same problems, noone there seems to care at all
    xxxx
    jen xx mum of two and one on the way,
    always on the go!!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

from speaking to lots of childminders in similar situations I believe there are regular issues.

However, they've all got their money eventually, it's just taken a long time in some cases.

I always suggest people who are taking on children paid for by care to learn or job centre get a deposit in advance (the parent is responsible for paying you at the end of the day) and do not hold their breath for the rest of the money.

Keep at them! I am sure it will be sorted

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt get a first payment from them last year until the end of october, but then for me it helped to pay for christmas. Then nearly every month my money went in two weeks after the due date after many phone calls from myself, the mum and the college. They are absolutely useless and I would seriously consider what to do if asked to use them again.

Aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

This is not a new mum so I know I will get the money eventually! My beef is that they have changed the forms and don't seem bothered that i have mortgage payments etc! The system does not allow them to post a new form by first class! i can't believe that and I said this to them that surely someone can print off the relevant forms and go to the post office and get a first class stamp, I have asked for a call back from the most senior person but somehow I don't think I will get that!!

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask to speak to Kerry Nichols.

Dont mess about talking to anyone else. She is a manager and is fantastic.

It took my hubby to get very angry to get somewhere. They say there isn't a manager in, probably because they are getting numerous complaints everyday. What's the likelyhood of there not being a manager in the whole place?

I cannot tell you how bad this place is - we have just written a letter to their regulator. They were shocked when dh told them of all the trouble we've had.

Its no help saying the money will come eventually. Obviously we are working because we need money, not just for the love of it!

Dont give up, dont let them tell you they only do a BACs run on a weds - they can put the money into your account at any time with enough shouting - they did to me!

Good luck!
    Rachel x

Aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Care to Learn

Who is their regulator? I am going to get my hubby to talk to care to learn. I am at that stage of getting very frustrated, they keep telling me that the manager that I was speaking to is not available. I said to them how difficult is it to send out a form first class and then action it straight away. I mean they have all my details from last year! I am glad that you have been getting somewhere with them! I have just had no end of problems, bless her the mum is young doesn't really know what she has to do but had rung them up and thought things had been dealt with! I then discovered they hadn't been dealt with which is when I got cross manged to speak to his Mark guy and he got it moving slightly but now it is not moving anywhere, they say the forms take 7 to 10 days (working days) to get to the client then 2 - 3 weeks to be actioned! I don't think so. I have now done a month and have had no pay, about to enter the second month with no pay!!!

MAY 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

snap, they are rubbish, got to wait for more forms to be sent to me then got to send them back and still no pay yet.....
    jen xx mum of two and one on the way,
    always on the go!!!!!

Aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally I have got the forms, still waiting for a call back! They are wanting a copy of a bank letter proving our account number and sort code etc. COme on what else do they want. I don't want them having a good nosey at my bank account details. It is red tape gone far too far. Also they told me the forms were sent out on 16th and it is quite clear they are dated 22nd September. Obviously when I started to get cross with them and demanding it to be sorted! I am not prepared to have to wait for 2 to 3 weeks for it to be finally sorted as I am sure it won't be done!

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was due to be paid today - and surprise, surprise - I havent!

The bloke on the phone just now was useless.

He siad they needed confirmation of her hours from college. - and also me! I got he forms yesterday, dated the 22nd! I asked why they had done that, when they knew payment was due today?!

I cannot keep living like this, not knowing if I'm going to get paid or not. Its put me in a really angry and tearful mood - not helpful when I've got kids!

Arrrgghhh!

Rachel x

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Care to Learn are regulated by YPLA.

The person to contact there who is very shocked by all this is - Clare Muddiman.

I have just sent her a 3 page letter!

Hopefully she'll jump on them!

We will win!!

Rachel x

edited to withdraw her email add at my dh's request - pm me for it - he doesnt feel I should disclose it - it was given to him x
    Last edited by RachelE; 01-10-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I was treated really badly by them during the last school year, I will dig out all my notes and send her an email too. They are not only failing childcarers, they are failing the parents, cos I would possibly wouldnt take on another parent under the same scheme and sure I am not the only one

May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RachelE View Post
    I was due to be paid today - and surprise, surprise - I havent!

The bloke on the phone just now was useless.

He siad they needed confirmation of her hours from college. - and also me! I got he forms yesterday, dated the 22nd! I asked why they had done that, when they knew payment was due today?!

I cannot keep living like this, not knowing if I'm going to get paid or not. Its put me in a really angry and tearful mood - not helpful when I've got kids!

Arrrgghhh!

Rachel x
    I had this last year, I had to ring the college myself and get someone to fax through hours to care to learn otherwise it just goes on and on.

Never again, good luck everyone

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Parent is going to contact her tutor on Monday, but not easy as she is on placement in a hospital 8:30 -4:30.

Please can everyone who has had a problem, email Clare and then we can hopefully move forward.

Thanks,
    Rachel x

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I have emailed her and requested her comments, so hoping she gets back to me. I did ask the call centre for their complaints procedure and they fobbed me off, so glad to have someone to actually complain to and hopefully get things sorted, its a farce

Feb 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but if they create so many problems then why deal with them. You're the boss.......or as Pauline would say, d'boss.

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Millenium View Post
    Sorry but if they create so many problems then why deal with them. You're the boss.......or as Pauline would say, d'boss.
    I think they clearlly didnt know that they would be this much trouble ......I wasnt aware and had already taken on mindee b4 reading post after post about care2learn

I am on my 3rd week with mindee and parent has only just recieved the 2nd lot of paperwork for me to fill in .

It will take a while they have said !!!! fortunatlly im in a position where i dont need the money as my current mindees income keeps me a float .

Id just keep at them !!!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt know that they would be that bad. Really thought that a funded place would be no problem as would get paid. OK I did but not without loads of frustration and hassle. The mum was a student and she wasnt able to pay, she had also gone on the course in good faith that her childcare would be paid by Care to Learn.

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caz3007 View Post
    I didnt know that they would be that bad. Really thought that a funded place would be no problem as would get paid. OK I did but not without loads of frustration and hassle. The mum was a student and she wasnt able to pay, she had also gone on the course in good faith that her childcare would be paid by Care to Learn.
    I also went into it like this .................i mean i know it takes a while .

Iv herd ppl say and various posts .............then i know of other childminders who have had no probs ..........wen its set up .

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I dealt with them, because it was guarenteed work, I dint have any at the time and I hadnt heard of any problems at the time - 2 years ago.

Now, I love the little girl to bits and wouldnt give notice, BUT, I wouldnt take another, when I have a waiting list now.

Shame, as I have a fab young parent and other young parents will lose out!

Rachel x

I have now withdrawn the email add at my dh's request - he was given it. If you need it, then pm me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast