Thread: cypop 5

Registered Childminder since
    apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cypop 5

hiya everyone.

has anyone done the cypop 5 with the ncma? i have completed and submitted my work have been waiting 9 weeks for it to be assesed just woundering if any one,s had any probs with the course?

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How did you get on with it as it is very long winded or is it me?

apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cypop 5

hiya.

i found it a little daunting at first but once i got in to it i found it allright.
    not to happy with the way you have to submit your completed work for marking.
    I submitted mine online in november an it still saying awaiting assement, sent numerous emails asking how long i have to wait and all they say is it is awaiting assement ( like i did,nt all ready know) and i will be contacted when its done. They havent even bothered to answer my last email so im still in the dark
    and all for the bargin price of £244.00.
    Lou

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Being thick here what is the course you are talking about please?
    Teacake2

apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cypop5

hiya
    its the new diploma i think its a level 3, cypop 5 unit 1 understand how to set up and run a childcare bussiness. its run by the ncma. its a requirement to be able to register as a childminder.

hope that helps
    Lou

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I'm doing mine via @home childcare and they are very good and mark my assignments within a few days. Have had good feedback so far and only two more assignments to go. 9 weeks seems an awfully long time to wait! Maybe call them?

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Post!!! Be gentle with me..

Hi, am now on task 7 of cypop 5. Doing it through NCMA distance learning and feel completely abandonned by them. Have sent a few emails asking for help with clarifying stuff but have not heard back in a week . So, am turning to you. Noticed on the resources there is a sheet to fill in for evidence, evidence of what? Has anyone provided evidence for their work? If so what and how?
    Thanks
    Lucy

april10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Real Problems with CYPOP 5 Course

Hi there,
    im having real problems with trying to complete my CYPOP 5 course i only have till the 25th Of June to Complete and have hardly started yet!! as i have a 7 month old baby and i have been slow in trying to get the motivation to start the course..
    I am very excited to became a childminder and up to this point i have completed all that needs to be done.. i have my inspection in a few weeks, which im a little worried about but im sure all will be fine..

So my problem is!!!!!
    i have been left to do this course on my own, i have no idea how to submit my assessments and iv read and read up on how to do it but i still dont get how im ment to send them.
    Should i receive any help.... does anybody know?
    Because i feel as if iv been giving 3 months to do a diploma course which takes a good 3 years to learn everything about childminding if i went to Uni???

the tasks that are given are the answers all in the book or do i reasearch the task online?
    Any help at this point will be very much appreciated

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca4573 View Post
    I'm doing mine via @home childcare and they are very good and mark my assignments within a few days. Have had good feedback so far and only two more assignments to go. 9 weeks seems an awfully long time to wait! Maybe call them?
    Hi, Can I ask, this company is based in nottingham, the website is nottingham city council, is that where u r from or can anyone do it from a different area, im not sure if thats a silly question or not

prereg
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy CYPOP 5

Hi All.

I have just started the CYPOP 5 course through NCMA and find it very strange that work is not assessed untill ALL tasks are complete. I am an NVQ assessor and also an Internal Verifier and have never heard of this kind of practice. If no one checks any of it until the end, what happens if I have gone off in the wrong direction(9 tasks to start again!!!)????

I chose to do it with NCMA because of who they are (I have paid £190). Thinking about it, it took me 5 calls to them, leaving a message each time before i eventually got to speak to someone about the course. No one ever rang me back I really hope that wasnt a warning sign..........

Has your work been marked yet Tidsy Tot? If not have you thought about using the 'Appeals Procedure' in 'Help and Support'?

Im really concerned now that i have found this thread.......

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya all, I've been doing cypop 5 since june. I wasn't told there was a time limit so have had to apply for extra time. They have given me till 1/12/11 and I'm now just finishing task 7. I've have had no support either. Is there some kind of complaints procedure?? When I've called and actually got someone she says "it's all in the book" "read the book". Getting frustrating, my friend who is a primary school teacher tried to help and she couldnt understand what they wanted!! I'm feeling let down but the ncma and I'm not even minding yet!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sammiec View Post
    Hiya all, I've been doing cypop 5 since june. I wasn't told there was a time limit so have had to apply for extra time. They have given me till 1/12/11 and I'm now just finishing task 7. I've have had no support either. Is there some kind of complaints procedure?? When I've called and actually got someone she says "it's all in the book" "read the book". Getting frustrating, my friend who is a primary school teacher tried to help and she couldnt understand what they wanted!! I'm feeling let down but the ncma and I'm not even minding yet!
    I know how you feel! I've submitted mine and keep asking for help as they have referred it back to me for more info. I wrote well over 500 words for task 7 and included bits about toy libraries, nature trial areas, soft play centres etc. The assessor said "You show a good understanding of inclusion through play. Please give more information on your challenging and enjoyable learning environment in the home - give more information about your routines such as the school run etc" I really don't know what to write. I have uploaded my Continuous Provision guide and I gave loads of info in the first submission, so am really stuck on what to add :/

Please could someone give me a bit of advice? Thank you

prereg
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish i could help as i have had similar feedback. I have been doing the course for over months and worked really hard to get all tasks completed within a few weeks. I then submitted all and waited 6 weeks before i eventually got a response to why my work hadnt been marked(holiday season and technical issues). Emails are a waste of time as it taking between 3 days and a week for a reply and phone calls are worse with no response at all.

I have now resubmitted the work and have so far waited 4 weeks and it still has not been checked. Im logging in every day as i need this course completed fast. I thought by doing it through NCMA i would have no problems and that support would be available. Unfortunately, i was wrong!!

I would strongly advise anyone wanting to do this course to find another provider until NCMA can sort out their communication and marking procedure.

Apologies for the rant but in at the end of my teather with this course!!!

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just querying tidsytots comment that this was a required course to become a childminder...surely not? I have become registered and didnt do it.

Does she/he mean its a required course to be able to offer funded nursery places for 3/4 y os?
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

prereg
    Post Thanks / Like

The course has to be completed after a briefing session and before any other courses or registering with OFSTED. I think it is a new course though so maybe you didnt need to do it?

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only just registered 4 weeks ago and only had to do a free course offered by childminding matters called Intro to childminding - an 8 weeks session.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a cheaper CYPOP5 provider

[QUOTE=Clario;1006554]

I would strongly advise anyone wanting to do this course to find another provider until NCMA can sort out their communication and marking procedure.

i did my CYPOP5 with MNTTraining. you get 8weeks to do it but only took 2 days to mark. i had to resubbmit 1 question and took a week for that to be marked.
    It also only cost £146. so a bargain compared to NCMA.

hope this helps someone.

jo x

prereg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats fantastic Jo. Im so jealous now!!!!

Fingers crossed i (and all of the other NCMA candidates) get sorted soon.

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I registered a year ago and didn't have to do the course but it is one of the units in the diploma in CYPW, but i got feedback from my assessor within a month, I'm doing it through a local college though.

Sep 11
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=cade29;1006736]
    Quote Originally Posted by Clario View Post

i did my CYPOP5 with MNTTraining. you get 8weeks to do it but only took 2 days to mark. i had to resubbmit 1 question and took a week for that to be marked.
    It also only cost £146. so a bargain compared to NCMA.

hope this helps someone.

jo x
    me too, and yes its one unit of the level 3 certificate(cant remember full name) different councils run in different ways unfortunately!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast