Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Phew!!! 1 CYPW Assessed Obs over.

Well the first of four anyhow!

Well my tutor came this morning to Observe me with the children. She was with us for 2 hours and I had a 10mth and two 14mths all boys!!!

She wanted to see us use inside and outside seemlessly, quite hard with this age group but they were so good. We had a blanket on the patio and a tray of Rioce Crispies, it kept the amused for 30mins, the little one enjoyed eating them!! It was really fun they were crunching cars in them, sprinkling them all over the garden. Such a cheap activity as well. I got some great photos.

They all had a go on the rockers and the 2 toddlers explored the garden. She liked the way I let them explore and take risks without interfering, they did fall over as well, on the grass One of them was having great fun climbing on and off the childrens wooden bench I have, I love watching them trying to work out how to sit down on a chair.

Then we came in and washed our hands before having a drink and fruity snack.

Then they played in the playroom, choosing what they wanted. We looked at books and played with the musical toys.

Because she saw me take photos she has ticked off some of the next Observation which is all about watching me do an Obsrvation and planning next steps, so she will have less to do next time. She had not seen any other minders take photos while she has been observing for CYPW and she has visited 16 in the last month. So all of you out there when your Assessors come don't be afraid to get the camera out. I would have missed some great photos if I hadn't got mine out this morning.

I hadn't known what to expect but it wasn't bad at all and I really didn't feel I was being watched all the time.
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 14-06-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 11
    Non childminder member
    Little Learners
    Post Thanks / Like

well done, i'm not looking forward to starting my cypop5!